Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Blue Cake Pops


Ok - I have a confession.  I love cake pops.  This is the third time I have made them and it gets easier each time.  I used chocolate cake and vanilla frosting.  I melted my candy in a double boiler instead of the microwave.  I found that worked better for me, no burnt candy!   I did add a little shortening to the melted candy to get a smoother consistency and to make dipping the cake pops easier. 

I have seen so many beautiful cake pops decorated with sprinkles and it seems easier than doing a Jack O' Lantern or something else.  Since I was short on time I decided not to decorate them in much detail.  I did try decorating them with three different kind of sprinkles: Rainbow Nonpareils, Polka Dot Nonpareils, and White Sparkling Sugar Sprinkles.  The White Sparkling Sugar Sprinkles won.  They worked the best with the blue color of the candy.  They tasted really good but didn't quite give me the look I was searching for.

I will keep practicing with cake pops!!  So yummy.

2 comments:

  1. These look great! Love the shade of blue and glad that you are enjoying making these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Paula! Wish I was better at taking pictures :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I love reading every one of them!