OK - can you say Forbidden Love?
For my entire life I have loved cookie dough, cake batter, and brownie batter. Loved, loved, loved. And for my entire life my Mom has been saying "Do not eat that, it isn't safe." Now my husband says it too. When I was pregnant my OB told me I really shouldn't be eating it at all - especially pregnant. Everyone is against this love of mine. Until now!!!!
While browsing the world wide web I found a recipe for edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. My eyes almost popped out of my head, I think my heart stopped for a minute too!! What - safe? edible? I needed to learn more. So I read about 30 recipes for this stuff and was in awe. The recipes include NO EGG, so it is safe to eat. Not calorie free unfortunately, but safe!!
There is chocolate chip cookie dough dip, chocolate chip cookie dough (just plain - eat it!!), chocolate chip cookie dough brownies, chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes and chocolate chip cookie dough truffles. Needless to say, this is my first of many cookie dough recipes so get ready.
I made this for a New Year's Eve party we were going to and it was a big hit. I didn't bring any home - much to my disappointment. If you love cookie dough you have got to try this. Guiltless Pleasure!!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip (Adapted from Marg (CaymanDesigns) at Food.com)
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (8 ounce) package of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
3/4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
1. In a saucepan melt the butter with the brown sugar over medium to low heat. Stir constantly until the brown sugar is dissolved.
2. Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla extract. Set aside to cool.
3. Beat the cream cheese and confectioner's sugar for one minute - or until creamy and combined.
4. Slowly beat in the cooled butter mixture and beat for another minute.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips.
6. Pour into your serving bowl and refrigerate.
7. Remove dip from the refrigerator 20 minutes or so before serving so it can soften up. I served it with vanilla wafers. But some of us ate it with just spoons! Enjoy!
This post may be shared with: Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms - Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Clairejustineoxox - Creative Mondays, Skip To My Lou - Made by You Monday, Sweetology - Tea Party Tuesday, Crazy for Crust - Crazy Sweet Tuesday, Inside Bru Crew Life - Trick or Treat Tuesday, Mrs Fox's Sweets - Sweet Party, Junk In Their Trunk - Link It Up Wednesday, Hugs and Cookies XO - Wonka Wednesday, Food Corner - Midweek Fiesta, Something Swanky - Sweet Treat Thursday, Talking Dollars and Cents - Sweet Temptations, Happy Hour Projects - Freestyle Friday, Toys In The Dryer - Fun Stuff Fridays, Alli-n-Son - Sweet Tooth Friday, Well Seasoned Life - Sweet Indulgences Sunday