Sunday, January 8, 2012

Gingerbread Cookie Dough Truffles



This weekend went by so fast!  I can't believe it is 2012 and now the second week of January.  Where does the time go?  I had a huge to do list and I still have a lot left that I didn't get done.  But the Christmas decorations are down and that feels great.  I am always really excited to put them up, but by January 1st I am ready to take them down.  My husband is British and their tradition is to leave up Christmas decorations until the 12th night of Christmas.  I let him win this one (so I can win some other bigger arguments...shhhh!) 

I do now realize Christmas is over and gingerbread is most associated with Christmas, but when I saw these on Crazy for Crust I was intrigued!  They were on my Christmas "To Bake" list but somehow I didn't get everything on it baked.  I know you are stunned!   I like gingerbread and have been really wanting to make truffles lately.  And I love Dorothy at Crazy for Crust,  her blog is great - so many yummy recipes and if she says these are good they gotta be!

I used the Betty Crocker Gingerbread mix.  It does not call for any eggs to make the cookie dough so I made the dough according to the package.  If you use a mix that does call for eggs you should OMIT the eggs, substitute a tablespoon of water.  Roll the dough into balls using a scoop and then refrigerate for an hour to make sure they are firm.

I covered them with Wilton White Candy Melts.  I melted my candy and started dipping.  Dipping isn't my favorite activity but I am getting better.  As soon as I was done dipping them I added some sprinkles.  I have quite a sprinkle addiction and a large collection of sprinkles.  I chose these pastel sprinkles that I love.  I do need to improve on my photography and photo set up!!  I am looking at the pictures now thinking - hmmm, pastel sprinkles with a red background.  Not my favorite.  But there are no more Gingerbread Cookie Dough Truffles left to re-shoot so here ya go! 

Gingerbread Cookie Dough Truffles (Adapted from Crazy for Crust)

1 box Betty Crocker gingerbread cookie mix
Ingredients called for to make the mix
1 package Wilton White Candy Melts
Sprinkles for decorating

- Prepare cookie dough according to box directions
- Use a scoop to roll dough into uniform sized balls. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- Chill in refrigerator for an hour or until firm 
- Melt your candy melts in a double boiler or microwave according to package directions. 
- Dip each ball into the white candy melts. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- While truffles are still wet sprinkle with sprinkles!!  Chill again until firm and ENJOY!

This post may be shared with: Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms - Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Clairejustineoxox - Creative Mondays, Skip To My Lou - Made by You Monday, Sweetology - Tea Party Tuesday, Crazy for Crust - Crazy Sweet Tuesday, Inside Bru Crew Life - Trick or Treat Tuesday, Mrs Fox's Sweets - Sweet Party, Junk In Their Trunk - Link It Up Wednesday, Hugs and Cookies XO - Wonka Wednesday, Food Corner - Midweek Fiesta, Something Swanky - Sweet Treat Thursday, Talking Dollars and Cents - Sweet Temptations, Happy Hour Projects - Freestyle Friday, Toys In The Dryer - Fun Stuff Fridays, Alli-n-Son - Sweet Tooth Friday, Well Seasoned Life - Sweet Indulgences Sunday

10 comments:

  1. Those look and sound so good. Thanks for sharing. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum, these are on my list for next year for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love gingerbread! Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just had to come and look at these,they sound and look great,Thanks for sharing them on Creative Mondays :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, you're so sweet! I'm glad you liked them and I love the pastel sprinkles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know Gingerbread is basically just baked at Christmas yet it is so good any time of the year. These truffles are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! came over from crazy for Crust Link Party. I love gingerbread and these look yummy and fun to try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really started loving Gingerbread this past holiday season! These look great and yummy! Thanks for sharing at Mrs Foxs Sweet Party! Have a sweet week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I love reading every one of them!