I do now realize Christmas is over and gingerbread is most associated with Christmas, but when I saw these on Crazy for Crust I was intrigued! They were on my Christmas "To Bake" list but somehow I didn't get everything on it baked. I know you are stunned! I like gingerbread and have been really wanting to make truffles lately. And I love Dorothy at Crazy for Crust, her blog is great - so many yummy recipes and if she says these are good they gotta be!
Gingerbread Cookie Dough Truffles (Adapted from Crazy for Crust)
1 box Betty Crocker gingerbread cookie mix
Ingredients called for to make the mix
1 package Wilton White Candy Melts
Sprinkles for decorating
- Prepare cookie dough according to box directions
- Use a scoop to roll dough into uniform sized balls. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- Chill in refrigerator for an hour or until firm
- Melt your candy melts in a double boiler or microwave according to package directions.
- Dip each ball into the white candy melts. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- While truffles are still wet sprinkle with sprinkles!! Chill again until firm and ENJOY!
This post may be shared with: Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms - Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Clairejustineoxox - Creative Mondays, Skip To My Lou - Made by You Monday, Sweetology - Tea Party Tuesday, Crazy for Crust - Crazy Sweet Tuesday, Inside Bru Crew Life - Trick or Treat Tuesday, Mrs Fox's Sweets - Sweet Party, Junk In Their Trunk - Link It Up Wednesday, Hugs and Cookies XO - Wonka Wednesday, Food Corner - Midweek Fiesta, Something Swanky - Sweet Treat Thursday, Talking Dollars and Cents - Sweet Temptations, Happy Hour Projects - Freestyle Friday, Toys In The Dryer - Fun Stuff Fridays, Alli-n-Son - Sweet Tooth Friday, Well Seasoned Life - Sweet Indulgences Sunday