Happy New Year!! I hope everyone had a great holiday season and is settling into the new year. I can't believe 2011 is over, but I am looking forward to 2012. I started blogging late in 2011 and I am really enjoying myself. I enjoy the community of bloggers, all of the amazing recipes I have found, sharing my creations and failures, and all of my readers and your comments. Thank you!
Did you make any resolutions? I am not really going to make any resolutions. I won't write them down anyway. But I would like to improve on my photography this year and I would like for my husband to finish our basement :). The basement has been an ongoing project for several years. I know if I would let him go down there for a month straight he would finish it but when he is home I usually want him around!
Question for you - Do you like Oreos? Stupid question right? Who doesn't love Oreos? Well, my son, Alex, doesn't but that is a story for another day. I found these Oreo truffles on the Kraft Recipes website and they looked yummy and easy- perfect combination! I was a little apprehensive. I have never made truffles before but this is one experiment that I loved. Loved making them and loved eating them. I think they came out great. Might be the easiest recipe you come across.
1 16 ounce package Oreo Cookies, finely crushed
1 8 ounce package Cream Cheese, softened
16 ounces of semi sweet chocolate, melted
1. Place Oreos in a ziploc bag and crush until fine. I used a rolling pin and then a mallet. I need a food processor!
2. Combine 3 cups of the Oreos and softened cream cheese. Blend using spatula or spoon until creamy.
3. Shape into balls. I used a small scoop to get uniform sized balls.
4. Chill in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
5. Melt chocolate. I melted mine in a double boiler and then transferred to a bowl that made dipping easier. Dip balls in melted chocolate and place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with remaining Oreo crumbs.
6. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Enjoy!!
This post may be shared with: Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms - Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Clairejustineoxox - Creative Mondays, Skip To My Lou - Made by You Monday, Sweetology - Tea Party Tuesday, Crazy for Crust - Crazy Sweet Tuesday, Inside Bru Crew Life - Trick or Treat Tuesday, Mrs Fox's Sweets - Sweet Party, Junk In Their Trunk - Link It Up Wednesday, Hugs and Cookies XO - Wonka Wednesday, Food Corner - Midweek Fiesta, Something Swanky - Sweet Treat Thursday, Talking Dollars and Cents - Sweet Temptations, Happy Hour Projects - Freestyle Friday, Toys In The Dryer - Fun Stuff Fridays, Alli-n-Son - Sweet Tooth Friday, Well Seasoned Life - Sweet Indulgences Sunday