Sunday, December 4, 2011

Candy Cane Kiss Brownie Bites



When I saw the Picky Palate Blog I was in love!  Jenny has a lot of amazing recipes.  I didn't find her blog on my own my friend, Amy, led me to it.  She wanted me to try Jenny's Festive Candy Cane Kiss Centered Brownie Bites.  They looked so good - they had to be difficult to make right?



Nope - not too hard!  I mixed up my favorite brownie mix according to the box instructions.  I greased my mini-muffin pan thoroughly.  Then I used a scoop to fill the pan about 3/4 full with brownie batter.  The brownies I used are really yummy - but lots of chocolate chunks.  Not ideal for this recipe.  I think it would be even easier if I used a smooth brownie mix which I will do next time.  And there will be a next time soon!

Then I inserted a Candy Cane Hershey Kiss into the brownie batter of each muffin tin.  This is where the chunks made it a little difficult.  See how I couldn't always get the kisses in straight and even?  But I forged on! 



I baked them in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes and let them cool completely.  I was worried because the kisses didn't go in as evenly as I hoped.  When they were done baking you could see some of the kisses poking out of the tops.



No worries though!  They are topped with a simple frosting.  And the frosting took care of my little eye sore!!  The frosting is just melted chocolate chips and heavy cream.  I used 1 Cup chocolate chips, melted them, added 4 Tablespoons of heavy cream, mixed together and then back in the microwave for 10 seconds - mix again.  I doubled the frosting recipe because we love frosting here but also because originally I only made one batch of frosting and it was not enough.  I got 40 brownie bites and that requires a lot of frosting!!  I just dipped the top of the brownie bites in the frosting.  Then as the Picky Palate suggested I crushed 3 candy canes and sprinkled them on top. You want the candy cane to be in small pieces, not dust but small bite size pieces.  I put mine in a ziploc bag and used our potato masher to smash them up (only the best baking tools are used in this kitchen!)  They taste so good.  You have to try it!







Shared With:

Crazy for Crust - Crazy Sweet Tuesday
Hugs and Cookies XO - Wonka Wednesday
Mrs Fox's Sweets - Sweet Party
Junk In Their Trunk - Link It Up Wednesday
Happy Hour Projects - Freestyle Friday
Toys In The Dryer - Fun Stuff Fridays





17 comments:

  1. LOVE these! Those kisses are my favorite holiday ones. And in brownies? Even better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the surprise inside! Thanks so much for linking up at Muffin Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dorothy and Kathryn. These are so good they are bad. I have eaten too many!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! These look delicious and so pretty and festive:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh so good looking, I really need to try those kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic idea! Oh how I love dressing up brownie bites. Gonna make these soon. Thanks for sharing at Melt in Your Mouth Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. these look so yummy - I love this pair of flavors. YUM - let me know if you make these krispie lights I would LOVE to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so very much for linking up this festive and minty treat to my Christmas party! I love brownies and this recipe looks divine with the kiss centre. Yum!

    Best Christmas wishes,
    Natasha.

    PS Thank you so very much for following me! I am looking forward to following you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look so yummy! I love how the kiss is in the middle! Thanks for linking up to Mrs. Fox's Sweet Party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that looks like magic. So sweet!

    Following your lovely blog. I am also inviting you to join Autumn Blog Hop 2011 at Momma's Lounge ( http://olahmomma.com/momlounge ) where you meet more mom bloggers; shout away; add your giveaways and/or blog and business links; and get featured by sharing your crafts, recipes and interesting musings.

    If you are interested, I am also giving away my Over and Under themed personally handmade bookmark. This is not a contest. Everyone can request this beautifully handmade bookmark for FREE. Simply get this link to make your request: http://blyro.peachburst.com/free-beautifully-handmade-bookmarks-by-blyro.html/

    Thank you and have a great day from http://olahmomma.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this!! I am making them now, with carmel kisses!! Thanks for the inspiration! I"m a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Candy Cane Kisses are my FAV!!! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those look DELICOIUS!! YUM! I am your newest follower. I would love for you to follow me back! I also wanted to invite you to my Christmnas Cookie Link Up - http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/2011/11/holiday-traditions-3christmas-cookies.html
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your description and photo already have me swooning with love!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks everyone for your kind comments. They make me so happy! I am so glad you enjoy my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats! You are featured from my last weeks Mrs Foxs Sweet Party! Stop by and grab a button! I cant wait to see what you link up this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I love reading every one of them!